Name: Benjamin Bojda, CIH, CSP
Title: Director of Operations
Company: Dominion Environmental Consultants NV, Inc.
# of years in Industry: 15
1. Where are you originally from and how long have you lived in Las Vegas? I was born and raised in Hammond, IN, attended Arizona State University, and moved to Las Vegas in 2008 in order to open the local Dominion office.
2. What has NAIOP provided that has helped you grow professionally or personally? From the moment I first joined NAIOP in 2008, I felt that I had access to the most influential and powerful people in the industry and that I was ahead of the curve when it came to emerging trends and news. This has helped me grow both professionally and personally through the years as I have not only connected with great clients but made lifelong friends.
3. What has been your favorite experience or story that happened at a NAIOP event? My favorite experience had been the Developing Leaders Institute. I did not know what to expect but I knew it was important for me to apply and it has been the best decision I have made as a NAIOP member.
4. Who have you met at a NAIOP event that has influenced you or that you have become close friends with? I have made too many close friends to name here, but one person that I have grown to admire has been Mike Shohet. I first met Mike in government affairs and have watched how he has progressed to the board, to president, to his commitment to NAIOP national. I believe Mike is a good role model for all NAIOP members.
5. What do you want your legacy to be in the Southern Nevada Community? I hope to be remembered as a good husband, father, friend, and mentor. I would also like to leave the Southern Nevada community a better place to live, work, and raise a family compared to when I first moved here.