1. How has NAIOP helped you develop new business?
NAIOP has helped me develop an extensive network of industry colleagues, as well as allowing me to obtain professional development and educational opportunities.
2. What NAIOP events do you look forward to each year and that you feel provides the best networking opportunities?
The monthly breakfasts and lunches, the DLI classes, educational events and forums, and, last but not least, our government affairs functions.
3. How did you first get into the industry?
I began working for a regional planning and civil engineering firm in New Orleans after I got out of graduate school. I came to Las Vegas in 1988 to open the Nevada office of a Phoenix-based regional economics and urban planning firm, Mountain West Research. The firm was bought by Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers), for whom I managed the Vegas office for 7 years. I then left and started RCG.
4. I am a member of NAIOP because…
I believe in giving back to the industry. It also gives me the opportunity to interact with senior industry professionals. In NAIOP I have learned to collaborate with specialists on consulting assignments. I am able to refer clients to other NAIOP members as well as consult with them on assignments. I have learned that everyone has a contribution to make.
5. What are your favorite summer activities/hobbies to do outside of the office?
I enjoy eating out and travelling around the country with my wife, Elle. One destination I have been to and would like to go back to is Spain, because I would like to experience it with her.