Why NAIOP? Why now? What is the value proposition for me personally and my company, and why is supporting NAIOP one of the best business decisions I can make?
Well that is easy. As a member of NAIOP, you’re not just part of the “Who’s Who” of the commercial real estate industry on the local and national level, you and your company are open to opportunities and experiences you may not have even considered. Opportunities to learn from local experts on what is driving our economy, which projects are on the horizon, how government actions or regulations will affect your business, how lending practices are changing, and which design trends you need to pay attention to for office, retail, and industrial development. This year NAIOP Corporate gave us all an opportunity to improve our knowledge base and learn new skills by providing unlimited free access to the entire NAIOP library of on-demand courses, a savings that surely paid for your membership dues several times over.
We invite you to support NAIOP Southern Nevada by joining the 2021 President’s Circle as we unite forces to build a strong future for Southern Nevada. Your active participation in NAIOP helps our industry thrive. As a sponsor, you will get name recognition at our events, exposure in promotional materials, discounted event sponsorships, exclusive invitation to tours, and a unique status and camaraderie with other President’s Circle Sponsors.
While the pandemic affected our ability to meet in person in 2020, you still have access to industry leaders through on-line principal forums and participation on any one of our dynamic chapter committees. More than any other time in our history, these committees have taken on the challenge of meeting virtually and have made a difference in our community and for our chapter through the following accomplishments:
- Bus Tour: Reinvented the annual Bus Tour into a virtual event upcoming on November 6, 2020 to SHED SOME LIGHT on the current state of CRE through a live streamed event with two panels of local and national market experts, interactive website, guidebook plus a video tour showcasing projects under construction and recently completed.
- Communications: Increased NAIOP’s following across all social platforms, published the quarterly newsletter with monthly highlights and relevant content provided by members, created a graphic honoring the importance of connecting during the pandemic (“We’re all in this Together”), and established a new Member’s Only Facebook group for NAIOP Southern Nevada members.
- Community Service: Helped deliver and stock the Ronald McDonald House pantry, participated in the Make-A-Wish 5K and Walk at Town Square, held the first virtual food and donation drive for the Street Teens organization, organized a Communities in Schools college application fund raiser and helped to donate over 1,200 hand sewn face masks to Care4Kids who help kids with cancer along with Street Teens.
- Developing Leaders Institute (DLI): Held both in-person and virtual classes over the past year and on September 16th, the 6th DLI class graduated 19 DLI students at an in-person dinner held in their honor. Their projects were presented on September 14th and judged by the Development Dudes. Congratulations to Team #3 for winning the class project competition!
- Education: Provided an educational program on power concerns and the future of energy with NV Energy (We’ve Got the Power”) and a virtual workshop to help guide NAIOP members through available government assistance through the Cares Act (“NAIOP Cares”).
- Golf: The committee worked with Spanish Trail Country Club to create a country club experience for participants of this year’s rescheduled golf tournament now being held over three days on November 9, 16 and 19th.
- Government Affairs: Despite 2020 being a non-legislative year, this committee has stayed extremely active. Early in the year the committee led a contingent of NAIOP representatives to Washington, D.C. in February to meet with the Nevada federal delegation and advocate on behalf of the chapter with regards to the federal lands bill, utilizing the infrastructure bank, and access to financial capital. In response to Governor Sisolak’s executive orders protecting tenants’ rights during the pandemic, the committee, in collaboration with the Northern Nevada chapter, worked with state officials to sunset the moratorium for commercial evictions and advocate for limited liability on behalf of commercial business and property owners. The committee also directed the Southern Nevada Industrial Land Analysis: Inventory & Implications for Economic Growth & Economic Development, as commissioned by the Board of Directors, that demonstrated the significant economic impact the shortage of land for commercial development has on the Southern Nevada economy. Endorsed by other commercial organizations and local government agencies, this study has been shared with our federal delegation, as well as state and local elected officials.
- Membership: Put on a fabulous Winter Mixer at Stoney’s for one of the best networking events of the year. Also held a fun-filled first-ever virtual Oktoberfest Trivia Event on September 24th. Congratulations go out to Team #2 for winning the team competition and Matthew Weinberger of Martin-Harris Construction for taking the individual honors! The committee will hold their bi-annual “Maximize Your Membership” event virtually.
- Programs: Held Forecast 2020 in January with a local broker panel, keynote Victor Calanog, Moody’s Analytic REIS and Greg Lindsay, Applied Research, NewCities Foundation. The committee has successfully transitioned to monthly virtual breakfast meetings through zoom webinars with over 65% of registrants in attendance; the first with over 425 attendees.
- Spotlight Awards: Created the first ever Virtual Spotlight Awards hosted by Julie Cleaver and Cassie Catania-Hsu. Held on June 25th, the production was deemed a success. Congratulations to all the winners and participants!
The attached package details the 2021 President’s Circle and other sponsorship opportunities within our chapter. Please review and return your commitment form no later than January 8, 2021 to secure full benefits for the year. Click here for the package.
From investors, owners, and developers to architects, planners, engineers, and other professionals, We Are Commercial Real Estate. We Are NAIOP.
Thank you for your membership, support, and commitment to NAIOP and our community.
All the best,